2 Betta in 10 gallon tank with divider

PetsHub.com Forums Fish & Aquarium Forums 2 Betta in 10 gallon tank with divider

This topic contains 1 reply, has 2 voices, and was last updated by  kirstenfaith 4 years, 9 months ago.

Viewing 2 posts - 1 through 2 (of 2 total)
  • Author

bigharshman
    Participant

I am new to having a fish as a pet. My family recently purchased 2 bettas and put them into a 10 gallon tank with a divider in the middle. We’d like to get more fish. Can someone recommend if this is advisable and if so, which fish should we add to the tank?

Thanks

kirstenfaith
    Participant

With caution, any non-aggressive community fish should be fine. Tetras, Guppies, Platys… Employees at your local pet store should know which are the most docile. I have guppies, and even a tadpole (kind of and experiment) in with my betta. They get along just fine. However, every fish is different, so observe how your betta interacts with the others, and make sure there’s no aggression. Really keep a close eye to ensure safety.
    I’ve even seen two male bettas live in the same tank with no division, and set aside their differences 🙂 Its all about the temperament of the fish.

Viewing 2 posts - 1 through 2 (of 2 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.