ACFs being impolite!

This topic contains 0 replies, has 1 voice, and was last updated by  gads 7 years, 10 months ago.

Viewing 1 post (of 1 total)
  • Author

gads
    Participant

I had a female african clawed frog for about 5 years now during which she has never had any sort of tankmate. Recently I adopted a younger male clawed frog (who looks to be about 2 years old), and neither of them seem to be getting along very well. At first I was terrified that the female should eat the male, so I separated them and fattened up the male. He has grown larger since, and he is about 1/3 of the female’s size. I had to put the frogs together today while I was cleaning the tank, and the small one attacked the bigger one! It grabbed on to its leg, bit it while wrapping its arms around the thigh. It took quite a bit of effort to separate the two. Can anyone give me some tips as to how I should go about making the frogs friends? I’ve conisdered everything from just putting them in a tank, allowing them to simply duke it out amongst themselves, to placing them together in a small bucket with not much water, allowing them to get to know each other. ANY TIPS PLEASE!?!?!

Viewing 1 post (of 1 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.