Cat bleeding

PetsHub.com Forums Cat Forums Cat bleeding

This topic contains 4 replies, has 4 voices, and was last updated by  DerrenHallam 4 years, 9 months ago.

Viewing 5 posts - 1 through 5 (of 5 total)
  • Author

mlcferret
    Participant

I have a 2 year old big maincoon cat just this morning I realized he is bleeding out his butt not gushing but some blood here and there he also has gas. I looked in the litter box and saw he is having diarrhea. I used some peroxide on his butt. I know he is drinking and eating. Has anyone had this happen with their cat?

cvaughn919
    Participant

Hi, Your cat could have one of the protozoan type parasites. Does kitty go outdoors much? Maybe drink the water in stream or pond or lake? Could be giardia, or maybe something like coccidia. One thing for sure, kitty needs to see the vet they will do a stool test to see which parasite and give the right medicine. Without treatment these parasites can eventually be life threatening so dont wait too long. The animals get dehydrated if nothing else.

cvaughn919

brandypup
    Participant

Stress of loose stools can cause it also. But no more self medicating the cat. peroxide isn’t good for cats but. If it is still going on please contact the vet.

mlcferret
    Participant

He doing a lot better the vet was never able to tell us what he had but hey gave him some meds and he all better.

DerrenHallam
    Participant

A pressure bandage, which stops the blood flowing at the wound, is used when the bleeding is not too severe. Apply a cold water compress onto the wound and then put on a pressure bandage of gauze and fasten with tape or torn sheeting.

Viewing 5 posts - 1 through 5 (of 5 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.