Hamsters

This topic contains 13 replies, has 7 voices, and was last updated by  FuzzyLuvr 12 years, 1 month ago.

Viewing 14 posts - 1 through 14 (of 14 total)
  • Author

animalpotty
    Participant

hi

i have 6 russian dwarf hamsters and i was wondering if there was anything else apart form their hamster food i can give them?

Jade 🙂

Jiffykat
    Participant

You can give them dog biscuits, these are a favorite among my hamsters. You can give them corn flakes, pasta… (these are things I give mine.) There are many more things that you can give them, but these are things that I personally give mine.

hamsterhaven
    Participant
    animalpotty wrote:
    hi

i have 6 russian dwarf hamsters and i was wondering if there was anything else apart form their hamster food i can give them?

Jade 🙂

I also give my hammies puppy milkbones. They love them. I have heard of many things you can give them such as cabbage, cucumber, tomatoe, pasta, apples, bananas…The list goes on…Personally, I have found that mine love the milkbones, cabbage, and apples.

riegfinnid
    Participant

you’re supposed to give them fresh fruits and veggies a couple of times a week….

CarLuvinGirly
    Participant

Mine love cheerios and rice krispies, goldfish crackers, bread, peanut butter, hard boiled eggs, cheese (especially provolone)…

I also give them a lil piece of Treatsters, which are like granola bars for hamsters, a few times a week… it comes in a huge variety of flavors, and they’re healthy. You can pick em up at most pet shops

animalpotty
    Participant

Thanks,

I gave my hamsters 1 cabbage leaf and a few conflakes just to see if they liked it and they did!!!

i was also wondering if the pasta sould be cook or sould i give it to them raw.

thanks again

Jade :slaphappy

whiteswan
    Participant

Ours LOVE tofu. We just make sure they eat it all, if not we remove it. But as I said they Love it so that very rare.

Jiffykat
    Participant

Uncooked. It woudl get nasty if you cooked it then put it in their cage. Let me know if your hammies like pasta. Snowbell doesn’t and I have only had Bear Bear for like a week, so I don’t want to try too many new things and stress her out.

whiteswan
    Participant

Our hammies that have passed away loved pasta but not the 8 we have now. I tried it and they didn’t like it. They just love there uncooked firm tofo and baby food (carrot)

animalpotty
    Participant

Haven’t tried pasta yet

sould i cook it or not?

Jade 😎

whiteswan
    Participant
    animalpotty wrote:
    Haven’t tried pasta yet

sould i cook it or not?

Jade 😎

I cook my pasta

riegfinnid
    Participant

you dont have to cook it…if you give them uncooked pasta it will also help them file down their teeth

whiteswan
    Participant
    riegfinnid wrote:
    you dont have to cook it…if you give them uncooked pasta it will also help them file down their teeth

There is not chance of them cutting their mouths on the edge of the pasta that is rough after bitting some off?

FuzzyLuvr
    Participant

Dude, my hamster tries to shove HUGE GINORMOUS dried carrot slices into her cheeks, i don’t think the hammie is going to have a problem! Hamsters are crazy like that. Ssssoooooo funny to watch! I just want her to fatten up a bit. The bad thing about hamsters is they’re so small, they seem so fragile when you handle them. I want The Small to get fat and pudgy and squishy. Don’t you think that being a little plump seems a lot healthier and hardier than being a little underweight and you can feel the skeleton a bit underneath? Yeah…

Viewing 14 posts - 1 through 14 (of 14 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.