hamsters everywhere

Helping Pet Lovers Since 1999 Forums Hamster Forums hamsters everywhere

This topic contains 2 replies, has 3 voices, and was last updated by  allicamfield 6 years, 10 months ago.

Viewing 3 posts - 1 through 3 (of 3 total)
  • Author

ratbrat21
    Participant

Ok I dunno about you all but I am majorly annoyed to no end by all the hamsters on craigslist. I dunno if people are just getting pregnant hamsters from pet stores or breeding on purpose and then finding out there is no profit and rodents have lots of babies per litter. Seems people get in over their heads with breeding rodents. I for one am not against people breeding rodents. But it needs to be done responsibly. I mean people don’t seem to know what they are getting themselves into. Then they post the babies and parents on craigslist for free. What the heck man?!?!?!?!?!?!?!? Don’t they know these hams will be snake bait? Then you get some ads on craigslist who say I prefer them to be pets but just dont tell me what you plan on doing with them. Like you not knowing is really going to not make it happen or make it happen any less painfully. Not knowing is just making it easy on the person. Then theres people like me who wanna help so badly. I can only foster at this point but its annoying. Because I can’t help everyone. I have 2 friends (traci and tawnya) who both rescue rodents and help find them homes. I dunno, I think I just wanted to vent because its ridiculous and makes me angry.

Dash
    Participant

I know what you mean. You can try e-mailing them and giving them friendly advice, recommending good websites, rescues and forums to help them. Some won’t give a carp but there will always be one that will be glad for the advice.

allicamfield
    Participant

@ratbrat21 783494 wrote:

Ok I dunno about you all but I am majorly annoyed to no end by all the hamsters on craigslist. I dunno if people are just getting pregnant hamsters from pet stores or breeding on purpose and then finding out there is no profit and rodents have lots of babies per litter. Seems people get in over their heads with breeding rodents. I for one am not against people breeding rodents. But it needs to be done responsibly. I mean people don’t seem to know what they are getting themselves into. Then they post the babies and parents on craigslist for free. What the heck man?!?!?!?!?!?!?!? Don’t they know these hams will be snake bait? Then you get some ads on craigslist who say I prefer them to be pets but just dont tell me what you plan on doing with them. Like you not knowing is really going to not make it happen or make it happen any less painfully. Not knowing is just making it easy on the person. Then theres people like me who wanna help so badly. I can only foster at this point but its annoying. Because I can’t help everyone. I have 2 friends (traci and tawnya) who both rescue rodents and help find them homes. I dunno, I think I just wanted to vent because its ridiculous and makes me angry.

I would love a hamster for my brother he would take care of it so much and love it email me allicamfied@aol.com

Viewing 3 posts - 1 through 3 (of 3 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.