HELP!how often should you feed?

Helping Pet Lovers Since 1999 Forums Mouse Forums HELP!how often should you feed?

This topic contains 5 replies, has 4 voices, and was last updated by  Gummibar3 6 years, 11 months ago.

Viewing 6 posts - 1 through 6 (of 6 total)
  • Author

TickledPink
    Participant

My cat brings in mice quite often and i was hoping to rescue some of the younger ones that still have their eyes shut,but have some fur (are these about 5 days old???). 😀 Does anyonne know what I should feed these baby mice? and the big question HOW OFTEN?????I will be at school for 5 hours a day and would like to get 9 hours of sleep. Maybe I should get an older mouse????
    Please get back to this forum and if you have any more info you think would be helpful to me please post that too!
    Thanks
    :confused:

whaturmuva
    Participant

@tickledpink 781840 wrote:

My cat brings in mice quite often and i was hoping to rescue some of the younger ones that still have their eyes shut,but have some fur (are these about 5 days old???). 😀 Does anyonne know what I should feed these baby mice? and the big question HOW OFTEN?????I will be at school for 5 hours a day and would like to get 9 hours of sleep. Maybe I should get an older mouse????
    Please get back to this forum and if you have any more info you think would be helpful to me please post that too!
    Thanks
    :confused:

Mice wont gorge, I think you should make sure they always have food because they will only eat when hungry.

Gummibar3
    Participant

You should feed the baby mice goat milk on some soft white bread. Make sure that you dunk the goat milk in the bread, but don’t put to much! Also, you should go to a pet store and get these jello type cubes that contain water in them and keep them in their cage. You can also, put your finger in water and let some drip and put your finger over your pinkies (thats what their called when their eyes aren’t open) mouth. Be sure to keep it warm, but not super hot! Don’t put it in pine cedar wood bedding because that stuff is toxic. Put it on some kind of hard cotton bedding that you can buy at Petsmart. I hope this helps and good luck!!

Gummibar3
    Participant

You should feed you mice goat milk with soft white bread. Dunk the bread into the goats milk, but don’t put to much and give a little to the pinkies (that is what the mice are called when they don’t have fur and their eyes aren’t open). Make sure you keep them warm, but not super hot and don’t put pine wood or cedar bedding in their cage because that stuff is toxic! You can buy these yellow cubes at any pet store for mice and they contain water and some nutritional value. You can keep those in their cage. Make sure that you have them in a kind of hard cotton that you can buy at Petsmart or Petco. I hope this helps and good luck!!

Gummibar3
    Participant

You should feed you mice goat milk with soft white bread. Dunk the bread into the goats milk, but don’t put to much and give a little to the pinkies (that is what the mice are called when they don’t have fur and their eyes aren’t open). Make sure you keep them warm, but not super hot and don’t put pine wood or cedar bedding in their cage because that stuff is toxic! You can buy these yellow cubes at any pet store for mice and they contain water and some nutritional value. You can keep those in their cage. Make sure that you have them in a kind of hard cotton that you can buy at Petsmart or Petco. I hope this helps and good luck!!

Deermouse
    Participant

Here are complete instructions for caring for orphan mice.

http://www.ratfanclub.org/orphans.html

good luck,
    paul

Viewing 6 posts - 1 through 6 (of 6 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.