Hi :) I’m newbie! Miss Peaches is our pig :)

Helping Pet Lovers Since 1999 Forums Introduce Yourself & Your Pets Hi :) I’m newbie! Miss Peaches is our pig :)

This topic contains 0 replies, has 1 voice, and was last updated by  Miss Peaches 7 years, 11 months ago.

Viewing 1 post (of 1 total)
  • Author

Miss Peaches
    Participant

Hi there,

Two weeks ago we became the owners of a Vietnamese Dwarf Pot Belly pig. She’s about a year old we think and a little shy. We actually saved her from being eaten by her despicable previous owner (long story).

But we have her now. She’s in a big, fenced in area in our yard. Has a IGLOO dog house with straw and blankets and we purchased mini pig pellets that we are feeding her twice a day according to the directions, I add some warm water.

I have a few questions.

1. I’m nervous that she may root under the fence. It’s pretty sturdy but I want to take some precautions. What do you recommend? Is barb wire ran along the bottom too harsh? I don’t want to hurt Peaches (that’s her name).

2. Is she okay as an ‘only pig’. Will she get lonely? She’s very social, yet timid. She runs up to us when she sees us and has just started letting me pet/stroke her.

3. Do you lock your pigs up at night in a shed/sty of some sort? I don’t feel that she’s safe just in her IGLOO as there is no door and I can’t lock her in. Any advice?

Other than that she seems very happy and constantly wags her tail and snorts. We love her.

Thanks in advance for answering my questions. I’m researching like mad to learn as much as I can.

Jo

Viewing 1 post (of 1 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.