Hurt field mouse

This topic contains 4 replies, has 4 voices, and was last updated by  mandafrank 6 years, 11 months ago.

Viewing 5 posts - 1 through 5 (of 5 total)
  • Author

BecA
    Participant

My cat brought home an alive field mouse. I took it from him and discovered that the mouse is dragging his leg, so I think it is broken. I do not see any blood on him and he is pulling himself around ok. I placed him in a box with alfalfa and hamster food for now. I do not want to leave him outside to die. It is about 35 degrees outside and raining. Is there any chance for this little guy?! What should I do?

Deermouse
    Participant

Well it’s been about 2 weeks since you posted. Sorry I didn’t reply sooner, but I haven’t been here for a long time. By now he should either be OK or not! I hope the little guy is OK.

Let me know if you have any other questions.

Good luck,
    paul

Three mice boys
    Participant

We had a field mouse once with a broken leg we looked after it and gave it cat milk in a little cage and we also gave it food then when it was better weput it back in the wild 🙂

Ps sorry i replied so late

Zoe xxx

BecA
    Participant

Hello,

He died only 3 or 4 hours after I posted the question 🙁
    I guess he had internal bleeding…Sad, I know! Thanks anyways.

BecA

mandafrank
    Participant

The same thing happened to me! Wild mice cannot usually survive broken limbs, regardless of external bleeding. 🙁

Sorry the poor guy little died, I know how you feel.

Viewing 5 posts - 1 through 5 (of 5 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.