I need advice on my cat’s behaviour.

Helping Pet Lovers Since 1999 Forums Cat Forums I need advice on my cat’s behaviour.

This topic contains 3 replies, has 3 voices, and was last updated by  Pepped 7 years, 11 months ago.

Viewing 4 posts - 1 through 4 (of 4 total)
  • Author

Edith
    Participant

I need advice on my cat Truman. He often goes #2 in front of his litter box. I clean his litter box everyday, I also make sure that there is plenty of litter and that it’s clean. What can I do to stop this behaviour?

Tribbles
    Participant

There may be a couple of reasons. First, try using less litter. He may not like to squat down if there is too much litter in the box.
    If that doesn’t work you may need a larger litter box. One that is not too deep but is wider and longer. You can use a plastic storage box like this:
    http://www.spacesavers.com/ster-28-quart-underbed-tote.html
    Dimensions: 23″L x 16 1/4″W x 6″H
    A third option is to offer two litter boxes. Some cats don’t like to use one box for both ‘functions’.

Pepped
    Participant

@tribbles 781455 wrote:

There may be a couple of reasons. First, try using less litter. He may not like to squat down if there is too much litter in the box.
    If that doesn’t work you may need a larger litter box. One that is not too deep but is wider and longer. You can use a plastic storage box like this:
    http://www.spacesavers.com/ster-28-quart-underbed-tote.html
    Dimensions: 23″L x 16 1/4″W x 6″H
    A third option is to offer two litter boxes. Some cats don’t like to use one box for both ‘functions’.

Dead on with the two litter boxes and larger or shorter/taller pan. If you have multiple cats, he may want his own litter.

Edith
    Participant

I tried putting less litter but it happened again.
    I will be purchasing another litter box. He is the only animal in the house but maybe he does need two litter box one for each function. It’s definitely worth a go.
    I will update with the results; Crossing my fingers.

Viewing 4 posts - 1 through 4 (of 4 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.