i need frogs small to medium sized (regular)

Helping Pet Lovers Since 1999 Forums Frog & Toad Forums i need frogs small to medium sized (regular)

This topic contains 1 reply, has 2 voices, and was last updated by  Cigarskunk 7 years, 5 months ago.

Viewing 2 posts - 1 through 2 (of 2 total)
  • Author

paintedlovefarm
    Participant

I have a eastern hog nose snack that eats only frogs i need someone out there that still sees frogs out side or raises them that would not mind my snack eating them. he needs to eat and we ran out of frogs. that all he eats. it’s gotten to cold to put him out he might go in to shock if i try to put him out side to hibernate but if there is anyone out there that can help me or give me ideas I’m all ears.

Cigarskunk
    Participant

Bad time of year to try to catch wild ones I’m afraid.

Check the internet for reptile shows – Repticon hits my area about once a season on average and I’ve seen plenty of people with small and medium sized Cuban Tree frogs for cheap.

Have you tried small lizards with him – I’ve seen a variety of snakes in FL thriving on them?

More of a preventative suggestion but ever consider getting a spare tank and then hitting the local creek for tadpoles once hatching season kicks in – a bucket, pair of shorts and old sneakers (protect your feet as you’ll find that broken bottle in the mud otherwise) and a cheap net should get you enough tadpoles to fill a have yourself a full tank of frogs to last through the winter.

Viewing 2 posts - 1 through 2 (of 2 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.