Info on Blue Tongued Skinks?

Helping Pet Lovers Since 1999 Forums Lizard Forums Info on Blue Tongued Skinks?

This topic contains 3 replies, has 3 voices, and was last updated by  Anthony Black 2 years, 2 months ago.

Viewing 4 posts - 1 through 4 (of 4 total)
  • Author

Angel117
    Participant

Hi. I am interested in possibly getting a blue tongued skink. Not any time soon of course, I would have to do lots of research on them first, and I’m sure the set up is quite expensive. Just wondering if anyone has one, and if they make good pets. Just some basic info on them. If I do get one, it will not be anytime soon, but interested in possibly getting one in the future.

Thanks

HandcuffedAngel
    Participant

I almost got one of those once. Expensive little buggers. I still plan on getting one myself. they are typically very friendly, but they can cost $120 all by themselves!

Here are some good links to help you in your search for knowledge:

Herp Care Collection ~ Blue-Tongue Skinks

Blue-Tongue Skink Fact Sheet

Blue-Tongue Skinks As Pets

Captive Care Sheet ~ Blue-Tongue Skink

Angel117
    Participant

Thanks for the sites! Yes they do seem to be very expensive. There was one at the pet store by my house for $100. I don’t think he liked me though, I was looking at him and he stuck out his tongue at me, and then went to the back of his tank to hide, lol.

Anthony Black
    Participant

Blue tongued skinks are commonly called blue-tongued lizards or simply blue-tongues in Australia. As suggested by these common names, a prominent characteristic of the genus is a large blue tongue that can be bared as a bluff-warning to potential enemies. Blue-tongued skinks are bred in captivity and sold as house pets.

Viewing 4 posts - 1 through 4 (of 4 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.