Is My Chinchilla sick?

Helping Pet Lovers Since 1999 Forums Chinchilla Forums Is My Chinchilla sick?

This topic contains 0 replies, has 1 voice, and was last updated by  luckynumberlaur 2 years, 6 months ago.

Viewing 1 post (of 1 total)
  • Author

luckynumberlaur
    Participant

I have two chinchillas and one of them has been wheezing on and off pretty much every day. This happened to him before, about a year ago, and fearing it was an upper respiratory infection i took him to the vet. After spending over $1,000 at the vet they still couldn’t tell me what was wrong with him but, with lack of any real answers, prescribed a health boosting medicine to give him. I fed him that for a while and the wheezing stopped after a few weeks.

Now that its started again i’m hesitant to take him to the vet because i don’t have the funds this time around. He shows no other signs of illness, he eats and drinks like normal, is interested in his dust baths, runs around giddily when i let them out, and has no signs of watering/crusty eyes or nose. I thought it could possibly be that i wasn’t cleaning the cage right, or that the temperature or humidity in my apartment wasn’t good for him, but if that were the case wouldn’t my other chinchilla also be sick? I’m so lost, and i don’t want to spend another thousand dollars for another vet to have no idea what’s wrong with him, but i also don’t want my little guy to die because i didn’t take any steps to help him.

PLEASE HELP :(.

Viewing 1 post (of 1 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.