litter box Idea???

Helping Pet Lovers Since 1999 Forums Cat Forums litter box Idea???

This topic contains 4 replies, has 3 voices, and was last updated by  Tribbles 7 years, 11 months ago.

Viewing 5 posts - 1 through 5 (of 5 total)
  • Author

mlcferret
    Participant

Has any used one of those storage tubs with the lids on them for a litter box if they had more than one cat? We have a big litter box but I am starting to think it not big enough for all three of our cats and I really don’t want to pay for another one especially with them not being cheap. So I was just wondering if anyone has done something like this. I know I would have to cut a hole.

Alasse
    Participant

I use a plastic storage tub for my 2 cats, i didnt need to cut a hole in it though, i dont use the lid.

Tribbles
    Participant

The longer, wider storage containers (that usually go under a bed) are better than one that is higher and more like a tub. I would not recommend using the lid as it can trap ammonia, which can cause respiration and eye problems for your cats. Here’s a sample, just don’t use the lid.

Of course this is for a set of 6 of these so figure around $9.00 or so for one. This is just to show the style and dimensions.

http://www.target.com/Iris-Buckle-Up-Boxes-Clear/dp/B000CEG8TQ/ref=br_1_5?ie=UTF8&frombrowse=1&searchView=grid5&searchNodeID=13825601&node=13825601&searchRank=salesrank&searchPage=1&searchSize=30&id=Iris%20Buckle%20Up%20Boxes%20Clear

Tribbles
    Participant

duplicate message.

Alasse
    Participant

Yep thats like the one i use Tribbles 🙂

They work really well, my cats do kick a bit of shavings out, but other than that, excellent.

Viewing 5 posts - 1 through 5 (of 5 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.