Long white worm-like thing in shell

PetsHub.com Forums Hermit Crab Forums Long white worm-like thing in shell

This topic contains 1 reply, has 2 voices, and was last updated by  FastBeat85 5 years, 7 months ago.

Viewing 2 posts - 1 through 2 (of 2 total)
  • Author

IanaBe
    Participant

I was just watching my hermit crab (ecuadorian) just sit and chill when I noticed a weird moving white thing moving. I thought it was a leg until I looked up on a crabs anatomy and found out it wasn’t a leg and possibly some sort of worm. It looks similar to a white long skinny worm with small black pincers at the end. It moved in and out possible looking for food. I need help on how to get rid of it or what it is. Please halp o.o

FastBeat85
    Participant

That doesn’t sound good at all you need to give the crab a bath in dechlorinated salt water.
    Use the salt mix you have if you have any and dechlorinate the water with something like Top Fin dechlorinator making sure the water is luke warm if it’s to hot or cold you stand a good chance of stressing out the crab even more than it already is.
    Dunk the crab and let it sit in the water for two minutes then lift the crab from behind dumping the water out the salt in the water should kill the pest with in two treatments or so.

Viewing 2 posts - 1 through 2 (of 2 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.