my kitten won’t cuddle :(

Helping Pet Lovers Since 1999 Forums Cat Forums my kitten won’t cuddle :(

This topic contains 11 replies, has 9 voices, and was last updated by  JonTempleton 5 years ago.

Viewing 12 posts - 1 through 12 (of 12 total)
  • Author

vickymouse
    Participant

Last week, my best friend around the corner found a stray kitten following her in her yard. Because she hates stray cats (and I’ve been dying to have a kitten!) I decided to go to her house to catch her and bring her home. Fortunately, everything worked out :D. The only problem is she doesn’t cuddle up to you. According to the vet, she is way too social to be a feral, so that can’t be it. Is it because she is still a baby and just wants to play? Is there anyway I can teach her how to cuddle (when she wants to, of course)? Please give me any advice.

:dog: Joe
    :kitty: Charlie and Sheena (new to the family!)
    Meece: Annabelle, Angel, and Pippin
    Gecko: Lizzie
    4 African clawed frogs (1 green, 3 albino)

ratbrat21
    Participant

shes still a baby. Felix is 6 months old and isnt very cuddly. Unless we just ignore him and then he actually wants the attention lol. Just give the kitten time.

Punkygirl0101
    Participant

Its only been a week. No animal will cuddle up to someone in that amount of time..its takes time to get an animal used to you. Not all cats like to cuddle… I have cats that don’t like being held, and others that beg for it.. so it depends on the cats personality.

ratbrat21
    Participant

yup all depends on the cats personality. Felix isnt cuddly unless you ignore him. But from the second i got tasha she was very loving and cuddly

DragonSpirit
    Participant

Tia is sorta similar. But she has mood swings. Somedays she is just dying for attention and will cuddle up, and somedays she’s wild and attacks you (aka playfull mode :p)

S t e p h
    Participant

Give The Kitten Time To Get Used To You But Even Then It Still Mite Not Like To Cuddle.

TiaMaria
    Participant
    DragonSpirit wrote:
    Tia is sorta similar. But she has mood swings. Somedays she is just dying for attention and will cuddle up, and somedays she’s wild and attacks you (aka playfull mode :p)
    Haha that’s so hilarious because my name is Tia!!! Being pregnant I am the same way! haha!:p

TiaMaria
    Participant
    vickymouse wrote:
    Last week, my best friend around the corner found a stray kitten following her in her yard. Because she hates stray cats (and I’ve been dying to have a kitten!) I decided to go to her house to catch her and bring her home. Fortunately, everything worked out :D. The only problem is she doesn’t cuddle up to you. According to the vet, she is way too social to be a feral, so that can’t be it. Is it because she is still a baby and just wants to play? Is there anyway I can teach her how to cuddle (when she wants to, of course)? Please give me any advice.

:dog: Joe
    :kitty: Charlie and Sheena (new to the family!)
    Meece: Annabelle, Angel, and Pippin
    Gecko: Lizzie
    4 African clawed frogs (1 green, 3 albino)

Generally at the kitten stage they are playful but do not like to cuddle. It’s something you just have to deal with, after a year old or maybe a bit older they eventually come aorund and love to snuggle up and be lovable with you. You just have to give it time.

JaneG
    Participant

haha, all Patch wants to do is play all day 😛 He plays for 2 hours then just flops on the floor and sleeps 🙂 He hates being picked up and cuddled, but that’s just because he wants to play. Generally, he sleeps in my room on my bed, and at night he is happy for cuddles 😀 He loves them when HE wants them 😛

vickymouse
    Participant

thanks for your support! 😀

Oscar and Rosa
    Participant

Some kittens/cats just aren’t cuddley…you should just let her play and grow, maybe when she gets older she might settle down and cuddle.

JonTempleton
    Participant

Yea… Kittens take awhile before they break through that stage.

Viewing 12 posts - 1 through 12 (of 12 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.