need advice on cats feeding!!!

PetsHub.com Forums Cat Forums need advice on cats feeding!!!

This topic contains 1 reply, has 2 voices, and was last updated by  Alasse 5 years, 2 months ago.

Viewing 2 posts - 1 through 2 (of 2 total)
  • Author

mlcferret
    Participant

We have 3 cats all adults 2 male 1 female the youngest a Maine coon just got over having crystals in his urine. The vet said he needed to lose weight he is the Maine reason the other two don’t have an eating problem he eat way way too much. The other 2 cats are ok the female could stand to lose some weight. But I’m having trouble trying to figure out how to help him do that we put him on a can food diet but he still get some dry food. I give all 3 cats the can food once in the morning and then once in the evening. I have 3 bowls of dry cat food out all day for them. The only things I can think is to put there dry food away in the middle of the day and then give it to them in the evening. Does anyone have any advice???

Alasse
    Participant

I have 2 male cats. One is a pig the other is a dainty eater.

I put dry food out for them, only a small amount though at a time. At night they get 2 teaspoons of wet food, which ‘pig’ inhales, anymore than that and ‘pig’ will eat it until he throws up.
    My dainty cat gets fed extra wet/special food separately from the ‘pig’ or he misses out.

The ‘pig’ also gets 1 day where he does not get fed at all.

Viewing 2 posts - 1 through 2 (of 2 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.