New ferret sibling

Helping Pet Lovers Since 1999 Forums Ferret Forums New ferret sibling

This topic contains 2 replies, has 3 voices, and was last updated by  whaturmuva 7 years, 5 months ago.

Viewing 3 posts - 1 through 3 (of 3 total)
  • Author

LillZ
    Participant

I was considering getting another ferret. I Currently have 2 1 boy 1 girl that have been together since birth. They are both descented and neutered and get allong very well. My question is, if i do get another ferret other than bringing my ferrets along with me to pick out their new sibling does anyone have suggestions on how to make the transition easier for both my ferrets, myself, and the new addition ?

whaturmuva
    Participant

Introduce them in a neutral space so that there will not be a territory issue. This will help them get along faster and used to each others scent. You may need a new cage for this process to give them time.

Punkygirl0101
    Participant

Dont bring your ferrets along when getting the new one, that would make things too stressful for both the old and new one.

Have them swap cages for a while, never
    Put them all in the same cage the first day or even the first week for that matter unless everything is smooth.

Viewing 3 posts - 1 through 3 (of 3 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.