Our small rabbit just gave birth to 1 giant stillborn

Helping Pet Lovers Since 1999 Forums Rabbit Forums Our small rabbit just gave birth to 1 giant stillborn

This topic contains 1 reply, has 2 voices, and was last updated by  jglass 6 years, 6 months ago.

Viewing 2 posts - 1 through 2 (of 2 total)
  • Author

eobard
    Participant

Gonna skip the fine details as this is happening “in the moment” and I don’t want to get too distracted from the rabbit. Short version is this: we took in a female rabbit of an unknown small breed, only slightly bigger than our netherland dwarf. We did not know she was pregnant but she was in need so we took her in. That was one month ago. One week ago we figured out she was pregnant and gonna deliver soon. She just had a single stillborn kit. It was HUGE. 4.5 inches long perhaps. She’s still bearing down occasionally (about 30 minutes later) but we doubt she has another one inside her. I have no idea the best way to comfort her. Do I leave her alone? Talk soothingly to her? Pet her? What?

jglass
    Participant

I wish I had some advice but I never had any bunnies who had babies. How is your rabbit doing?

Viewing 2 posts - 1 through 2 (of 2 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.