Please help!!

This topic contains 1 reply, has 2 voices, and was last updated by  sheilaamistone 5 years ago.

Viewing 2 posts - 1 through 2 (of 2 total)
  • Author

rosey516
    Participant

Hi Everyone, We finally got our little piglet, he is 8 weeks old. I am really going crazy, My german shepherd is crazy with him.. He constantly whines when he is near him. I cant read him, I dont know if he is just very protective of him or if he is jealous or if he wants to just grab him. He does kiss him when I hold him, then there are times where he tries to give him little nips. Seems like he is trying to herd him but I cant take the chance he is to big, I have to keep the piglet in a big crate until I can trust my dog.. Please I can really use some advice…
    Thanks,
    Rosemarie

sheilaamistone
    Participant

first, NEVER leave ANY dog unatended with a pig. at some point, the pig WILL test the pecking order with the dog and the pig will loose because they dont back down. we have several dogs along with 2 pigs. when we got our first pig,we could not trust our standard poodle with the pig. we got her a plastic basket muzzle for her to whare while out with the pigs. she wore that until we were POSITIVE she wouldn’t try to hurt the pig. we got her muzzle at http://www.morrco.com they are a little pricy, but have good quality and fast shipping. I hope this helps.

Viewing 2 posts - 1 through 2 (of 2 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.