Please help! Need advice on wild baby mouse…

Helping Pet Lovers Since 1999 Forums Mouse Forums Please help! Need advice on wild baby mouse…

This topic contains 2 replies, has 3 voices, and was last updated by  jinglesmom 5 years, 9 months ago.

Viewing 3 posts - 1 through 3 (of 3 total)
  • Author

Z1997
    Participant

Okay, so yesterday we found a tiny baby mouse, app. 10 days old. He has fur but his eyes are still closed. He is a common field mouse. He is about the length of two quarters, and weighs about 2-3 oz. We have been giving him soy baby formula (powder) and using powerade to hydrate him. Everything is going well except he won’t go to the bathroom! He peed twice yesterday, but today he won’t do anything! He has had formula twice today already. We are rubbing his little tummy and privates with damp warm tissue, but nothing! Any advice?! Is he not getting enough to eat/drink? I know he will die soon if he doesn’t poop. We are keeping him in a shoebox with holes poked in it with a soft shirt for him to burrow in. We have it heated-it is about 99-101degrees in there. He is very healthy looking and squirmy, but please tell me how to get him to poop!

Deermouse
    Participant

sorry I didn’t see this post sooner. if you still need help, post back and i’ll be glad to help.

paul

jinglesmom
    Participant

Yes, that is an issue since mice do not regurgitate. The only thing I can think of is cook some oatmeal in watter, strain it and add that liquid to the soy formula. It regulated the bowel movements in my babies. Also, take a wet, hot water Q-tip and massage the anus for as long as it will tolerate it. Good Luck! Oh, almost forgot, switch to cow’s milk and an egg yolk with the strained oatmeal. This will help loosen the stools.

Viewing 3 posts - 1 through 3 (of 3 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.