Please Welcome Rory and Bones! *pics*

Helping Pet Lovers Since 1999 Forums Hamster Forums Please Welcome Rory and Bones! *pics*

This topic contains 8 replies, has 3 voices, and was last updated by  Alasse 7 years, 4 months ago.

Viewing 9 posts - 1 through 9 (of 9 total)
  • Author

Dash
    Participant

I am now the proud mommy of my first ever robos! I had to drive over an hour away, from some girl that had an oops litter. They’re names are Rory and Bones. They are still really shy but they are getting used to me, slowly and surely. <3

Rory:
    hollyscam52017-1.jpg

Bones:
    hollyscam52022.jpg

Both of them:
    hollyscam52011-1.jpg

Their home, a 20 gallon long tank:
    hollyscam52015-1.jpg
    hollyscam52016-1.jpg

ratbrat21
    Participant

they are so cute. There is always people around here having oops litters. Lots of people breed on purpose too, without knowing what they are doing. I am not against breeding animals (except cats and dogs) but people just dont know. They get in way over their heads cuz rodents have lots of babies and can breed often. Last batch of dwarf hamsters I took in came from someone who was retireing breeding dwarf hamsters. I got a buttload more hamsters then he said and even got a prego female. They all went to great homes. I do miss them though. Wow ok, i just totally started rambling on your thread lol. Cute hamsters though!!

Dash
    Participant

Thanks!

The amount of oops litters is scary. I’m not against breeding either. I am against breeding if the person isn’t researched, willing to learn and are not breeding for the betterment of the species.

ratbrat21
    Participant

exactly, people who breed for the sole purpose of “cute babies” shouldnt be breeding. Yes, they are adorable and very sweet, but you need to breed to help the species, be healthier, live longer and such. When I use to breed gerbils I had gerbils living a good 6-7 and a few 8 years old. I thought about breeding gerbils again. Definatly not now, maybe sometime in the future i dunno.

Dash
    Participant

Lately I’ve become fond of taking in unwanted animals. I’m now where near close enough to be able to take in special needs animals but any animals needing homes I just feel so bad for. I nearly took in an aggressive RC dwarf but I was just too busy at the time and taking her in wouldn’t be fair to her. I still wish that I could have though.

Gerbils living to be 8? That’s awesome. My two girls were going strong at the age of three and one day they both passed away in their sleep. I have no idea why but I suspect the batch of food I bought was poisoned as two of my hamsters had a bit of the same mix (since I was out of hamster food) and they passed away and one of my rats had gotten into the gerbil’s food and they passed away soon after too. 🙁

Alasse
    Participant

They are precious cute!

We dont have hamsters here 🙁

Dash
    Participant

Thanks!

Yeah aren’t most small animals illegal except for rats and mice? One reason I’d never move to Australia. 😛

Alasse
    Participant

Ferrets are permitted in most States (not my State though), Rabbits are permitted (not in my State), there is a native mouse i think thats permitted. Guinea Pigs are permitted.

Hamster, Chinchillas etc are not legal to import, and we just dont have them here. I spose ya cant really miss what you’ve never had.

Personally i wouldn’t live anywhere else but Australia 🙂

Dash
    Participant

I’m sure Australia’s great but I just can’t live without my hamsters. 😛

Viewing 9 posts - 1 through 9 (of 9 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.