Possibly getting some rats…

Helping Pet Lovers Since 1999 Forums Pet Rat Forums Possibly getting some rats…

This topic contains 2 replies, has 2 voices, and was last updated by  Indig0 7 years, 8 months ago.

Viewing 3 posts - 1 through 3 (of 3 total)
  • Author

Indig0
    Participant

So as you may know, I got back from living in Korea for a year (and various vacations afterwards) last month. That was fun.

Naturally, one of my first outings once I got home was the Humane Society. I love to look at the animals there. But as I’m still living with my parents for the moment (the job market not being great right now), bringing anyone home with me wasn’t much of an option.

However, I did see two pairs of rats there. There’s a pair of hooded females, and a pair of black berk males, at least one of whom is a rex. The males are older, and not the most appealing color, and their coats, being rex, look, well, rather ratty. Not necessarily the most appealing for prospective adopters. So I went home and thought about it for a while.

I went back the other day, and they were still there. Their pictures are still on Petfinder here: http://www.petfinder.com/petnote/displaypet.cgi?petid=14953901 and here: http://www.petfinder.com/petnote/displaypet.cgi?petid=14953900 I think they’re absolutely adorable, but I can see why other people might not think so, and I’d hate to see these boys live out the rest of their lives in a shelter.
    So I talked about it with my mom, and she said since they’re older and wouldn’t live much longer, maybe we could go back next week and take a look at them. They’re supposedly about a year a 2 months old, but they’ve been there since October, so I’m not sure if that’s still accurate. Their names are Gilbert and Munchez, which are both super cute names.

So until then I’m going to try to pull together a suitable home for two older boys, some sort of C & C -ish enclosure. I have a bunch of cubes somewhere in the house, with 1″ squares… I realize that’s rather wide, but would it be too wide for adult rats, do you think?

More news as it develops… Who knows, maybe someone else will have adopted them when I go back.

Indig0
    Participant

Nevermind, they were adopted! My search for rats continues…

me02 original
    Participant

Oh thats quite sad they were adopted, so you couldn’t get them
    Lets hope the home they went to is good :D.

Viewing 3 posts - 1 through 3 (of 3 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.