Potty issues

This topic contains 5 replies, has 5 voices, and was last updated by  reilly21 5 years, 2 months ago.

Viewing 6 posts - 1 through 6 (of 6 total)
  • Author

Feicia
    Participant

I have a 11 month old Beagle/Mastiff mix. She spent most of her life in a cage until I brought her home about 2 months ago. Her former owner kept her locked in a cage that she was too big for. Really the only time she was out was at night because she slept in bed with her former owner. I really didn’t want another dog, but between that and every time she barked the 2 guys in the house would punch her repeatedly trying to get her to stop. When I was asked if I wanted another dog, needless to say I took her in.

Since I brought her home, she has never been caged and goes outside numerous times a day. The problem is that no matter how many times she’s outside, she will come in the house and potty. I will watch her and see her go while she’s out and then come in and go again. I let her out first thing in the morning, right after she eats, and I even reward her with treats and praise her for going potty outside.

I have to keep doors closed because shes ruining the carpet and I have to replace it. I am forever cleaning and disinfecting the floors because of her going potty. How can I get her to stop going potty in the house? I’m at my whits end. I don’t want to get rid of her but I don’t know what else to do. My other dog doesn’t go in the house just her.

Please Help!!! :confused:

chrisny
    Participant

I have a 2 month old Maltese and she goes outside but she goes inside all the time. I put puppy pads down and She has no idea what to do on them she drags it away and it turns into a tug toy. She still young but I have no idea how to go about this my other dog used the pads. I know how you feel its so frustrating.

Clover4
    Participant

Thier is a good article on how to get control of this issue at [url]www.darnfar.com:[/url])

ankydas
    Participant

This is a common problem with many pets. They need to be full trained to do all the things perfectly. I faced the same problem with my pet. I took help of good trainer. Now my dog knows where not to enter.

reilly21
    Participant

A puppy’s ability to feel the urge to go potty develops as they age, much like children. You can help your puppy potty train faster by developing a schedule for your puppy to follow. Take the puppy out to go potty at the same times every day to allow the puppy to become accustomed to a schedule.

Clover4
    Participant

http://www.darnfar.com/Dog%20Training/dog_training_articles.htm

this is a more direct link to a good house breaking article

Viewing 6 posts - 1 through 6 (of 6 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.