Prince

This topic contains 4 replies, has 2 voices, and was last updated by  Dash 7 years, 4 months ago.

Viewing 5 posts - 1 through 5 (of 5 total)
  • Author

ratbrat21
    Participant

Prince is one of 4 brothers who I rescued last year. They are around 1 1/2 years old now. Well last week I noticed that Prince had this bump on his tummy. It didn’t look like a tumor, so I asked people and they said since its wiggly and on the surface on the skin its most likely an abcess. Well I called the vet and made an appointment today. We just got home a little bit ago. Turns out it is a tumor and cancer. The vet told me we got him in in a good time cuz the cancer hadnt attached itself yet. I didn’t know cancer could do that. I thought that cancer was always attached. So the quickest appointment we have is for june 15th to get it removed. It hasnt grown at all or seem to be causeing him any grief. So I am hopeing it stays like this for the next 26 days. Its only gonna cost $145 which isnt bad at all in my book. But anyways thats whats been going on here.

Dash
    Participant

I’m sorry about this. 🙁

Cancer can grow just about anywhere unfortunately. I hope his surgery goes well.

ratbrat21
    Participant

thanks! just 6 more days. I hope he will be alright. Being older it just worries me. This is the very first tumor I have gotten removed. So needless to say i am nervous because if they lose him I probably wont get this done ever again. I rather give a rat a better life what he has left and let me say goodbye then lose them when they still have time left.

Dash
    Participant

It’s scary to watch them waste away because of a tumour.

ratbrat21
    Participant

oh i have many times. Although usually they go fast for me thankfully. But I figure if I can catch it in time I might as well get it removed. I just hope nothing else comes up because for awhile I can’t get more then the normal checkups from the vet after this. I will need to save up more moneys.

Viewing 5 posts - 1 through 5 (of 5 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.