problem with peeing on the bed

Helping Pet Lovers Since 1999 Forums Cat Forums problem with peeing on the bed

This topic contains 2 replies, has 2 voices, and was last updated by  Alasse 7 years, 11 months ago.

Viewing 3 posts - 1 through 3 (of 3 total)
  • Author

KiTTyStiches
    Participant

We’ve had one of our cats for about 4 months and shes about 5 or 6 months old and ever since we’ve had her we’ve had a prblem with her peeing on the bed and on the couch. For a while she did it everyday and then after a while she stopped for about a month, and now shes doing it again! We’ve asked the vet what to do and they said it’s prob a behavioral problem. We’ve sprayed everything down with deodorizer and orange smell spray, we’ve tried getting her with the watterbottle, we’ve tried changing to a diff litter… we’ve pretty much tried everything and its not working. Any suggestions?

Alasse
    Participant

I have 2 cats, 1 of them is pretty fussy about the litter, not the brand of i mean, as in its cleanliness, if its soiled he will go elsewhere. I have to ensure the litter is kept as clean as i can, i check frequently through the day. I’ve also bought an underbed storage container, it has a large surface area, so for when i am at work he can still find a ‘clean’ place to go *L*

Your cat may not like where you have the litter tray, have you tried the tray in any other places.

You may need to go back to limiting her access to the whole house, keep her in a smaller area until she is using the tray all the time, slowly open up other areas of the house until she is fully free again. If at any time she regresses back to the habit, go back to the start. I would be inclined to make the area where she has toileted before the last areas to open access.

If it continues a trip to the vet for a checkup may be in order, she could have a urinary tract infection too

KiTTyStiches
    Participant

Well i’ll try cleaning it out constantly though i do clean it everyday. and its in the bed room. theres like 5 boxes in the house she can use, so its not that there isn’t one in every one, there is. i cant lock her in any other room but the bed room while im gone because we have ferrets and they dont get alone so they stay in seperate rooms when i’m not home.

Viewing 3 posts - 1 through 3 (of 3 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.