question about a chiuahua

Helping Pet Lovers Since 1999 Forums Dog Forums question about a chiuahua

This topic contains 1 reply, has 2 voices, and was last updated by  TobyRat 7 years, 3 months ago.

Viewing 2 posts - 1 through 2 (of 2 total)
  • Author

liv4pete
    Participant

i have a friend who is trying to get rid of their 1 year old chiuahua. i want the dog but something was mentioned about two rows of teeth. they say the dog eats just fine and there is no overcrowding or pain but their vet wanted to pull the extra teeth.. i would not be doing the dog any favors if it needs a bunch of vet care right out of the gate. do you think in your opinion the teeth need to be removed if they arent causing pain or overcrowding?

TobyRat
    Participant

If the dog is already 1-year-old and his primary teeth still haven’t fallen out than I would have them removed as soon as possible. Leaving them in may result in a lot of problems in the future such as misalignment, crowding and abnormal bite/wear. It is very likely his adult teeth are already starting to become pushed out. Food may also get caught between the two sets of teeth and cause tarter buildup and gum disease. The longer you wait, the greater the chances of permanent damage.

Is your friend not willing to pay for the operation? Maybe you could split the cost?

Viewing 2 posts - 1 through 2 (of 2 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.