Question about my Shih-Tzu. Is this normal for being in heat?

Helping Pet Lovers Since 1999 Forums Dog Forums Question about my Shih-Tzu. Is this normal for being in heat?

This topic contains 4 replies, has 3 voices, and was last updated by  brandypup 6 years, 3 months ago.

Viewing 5 posts - 1 through 5 (of 5 total)
  • Author

xSamanthax
    Participant

I recently bought a 10 month old shih-tzu from a lady. We have had her for a couple of weeks now. She has acted great up until now just acts really shy at times. 2 days ago I noticed some changes in her. She was drinking a whole lot more and not eating as much. She seems to be peeing more (probably because she is drinking more) but at one point she was laying on the bed and just peed where she was she has not done that has never used the potty in the house since I had her and the lady I bought her from said she always went outside to potty. She has been licking herself in her private area a lot more as well. She will be running around and then she will just stop and drop and start licking herself. I noticed yesterday she had some slight bleeding and was a bit swollen. Are all of these normal symptoms for being in heat? Sometimes she will whine right before she needs to go outside. I am worried about it being something more than her being in heat. She is 10 months old so I am assuming this is her first time being in heat but I am not sure about that. Any help would be appreciated. She is going to the vet on Friday but I would really appreciate any info from anyone that has been through anything like this before.
    Thanks!

Alasse
    Participant

My female is always licking, she doesnt eat much, pees a fair bit more, so i would go with fairly normal behaviour, but still a good idea to get it checked by a vet

xSamanthax
    Participant

Thanks so much for your reply. I did get her checked. All is perfectly fine it is just where she is in heat. Thank goodness!

xSamanthax
    Participant

thanks so much for your reply. she went to the vet. all is okay with her. she also has an appt for feb to be fixed since i do not plan on breeding her.

brandypup
    Participant

KUDOS! Spaying will keep her very healthy and happy.

Viewing 5 posts - 1 through 5 (of 5 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.