question on Holland Lop

Helping Pet Lovers Since 1999 Forums Rabbit Forums question on Holland Lop

This topic contains 6 replies, has 2 voices, and was last updated by  ArabianHaven 7 years, 9 months ago.

Viewing 7 posts - 1 through 7 (of 7 total)
  • Author

ArabianHaven
    Participant

Hi, I have a broken tort holland lop buck and I would like to breed him to a friends rabbit. I know I can’t breed him to another broken color but what color would he do best with? I know solid tort but are there any other great crossing colors?[/FONT]

Jennicat
    Participant

Why are you breeding him?

ArabianHaven
    Participant

sentimental reasons and all my friends are so in love with them they want to get one to show in 4-H so I have homes already.

ArabianHaven
    Participant

For sentimental reasons. My other friends would love to buy a kit because they love my boy so I would have homes for all of them. I would just like to get a great color so they will do well showing his babies. He is great quality (dad has 9 ARBA legs and still showing).

ArabianHaven
    Participant

@jennicat 781667 wrote:

I am breeding him for sentimental reasons. I already have homes for the kits. I am asking what color would go best becuase I would love for hi babies to do well in the fair too! He is a high quality rabbit. His sire has 9 legs and is still showing!

ArabianHaven
    Participant

@jennicat 781667 wrote:

I want to breed him for sentimental reasons but I want quality kits. He is not a junky rabbit. His sire has 9 ARBA legs and is still showing! Please do not think that I am just breeding animals. I would keep a baby and so would my friend and we already have homes for the others.

Jennicat
    Participant

@arabianhaven 781711 wrote:

I want to breed him for sentimental reasons but I want quality kits. He is not a junky rabbit. His sire has 9 ARBA legs and is still showing! Please do not think that I am just breeding animals. I would keep a baby and so would my friend and we already have homes for the others.

Just keep in mind, that breeding your rabbit once, to keep one kit, ensures that 5+ rabbits in shelters don’t have homes. Rabbits are the third most abandoned animal now, and they’re pretty regularly euthanized for space reasons. I’ve got 4 lops in my house now that got dumped off at the shelter and a waiting list 3 miles long.

Viewing 7 posts - 1 through 7 (of 7 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.