Rabbit Litter Training

Helping Pet Lovers Since 1999 Forums Rabbit Forums Rabbit Litter Training

This topic contains 0 replies, has 1 voice, and was last updated by  Oreo1234 6 years, 10 months ago.

Viewing 1 post (of 1 total)
  • Author

Oreo1234
    Participant

Shortly after spaying my 1 year old female rabbit, Oreo, I noticed that she started consistently going in the same corner of her cage. I bought a litter box for her and put it in that corner. At first, she used it very well and didn’t go much anywhere else. However, over the next few weeks, her progress began to digress and she started using it less and less. I can’t be sure what the cause was because at the time, someone was taking care of her for me and I was only able to see her a few times a week. However, it seems like she decided she liked sleeping in her litter box better than defecating in it, so she stopped going in it. In an attempt to solve this problem, I bought a straw bed for the other corner of her cage. Although she seems to like this bed, and she hasn’t gone to the bathroom in it, she also hasn’t started using her litter box again. She just seems to go wherever in the cage, often right in the middle where she’s kicked up some bedding. Does anyone have any suggestions or tips for me? I really want her to use her litter box, but I can’t seem to figure out how. Thanks in advance for your help!

Viewing 1 post (of 1 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.