shih-tzu allergies

Helping Pet Lovers Since 1999 Forums Dog Forums shih-tzu allergies

This topic contains 1 reply, has 2 voices, and was last updated by  lucklace 7 years, 6 months ago.

Viewing 2 posts - 1 through 2 (of 2 total)
  • Author

Larryjb
    Participant

I googled the title and found a link to this forum. There were many posts regarding shih-tzu allergies and food recommendations etc. After reading all the posts i noticed they were posted in 2003. Well did anyone ever come up with a working solution to this problem ? It is now 2009 and my 4 year old male shih-tzu developed these symptoms last spring. Vet said it was environmental and would clear up after first frost. Also gave cortisone and Prednisone. First frost is gone by dog is getting worse. Changed diet to chicken based food vs. corn stuff about 3 or 4 weeks ago.
    Any and all replies appreciated.

lucklace
    Participant

My golden used to have the same problem with allergies. Doc said it was environmental, it would clear up eventually, yadda yadda yadda. Unfourtunately, they just got worse and worse. They had him on cortisone and prednisone, some benadryl once in a while…Have you asked your vet to do an allergy test to find out exactly what it is he’s allergic to? It could help you know what to keep him away from. Did the food change help any? What do the allergies affect? (ears, belly, itching…) Hope some of this helps.

Viewing 2 posts - 1 through 2 (of 2 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.