Situation

This topic contains 0 replies, has 1 voice, and was last updated by  me02 original 7 years ago.

Viewing 1 post (of 1 total)
  • Author

me02 original
    Participant

I have posted this as well in the rabbit forum to get some more advice if i intend to get a rabbit, but i wanted to post in this forum as well to ask about the guineas and depending on the advice i receive and how i feel about the situation will help me decide which pet to get.

Now, this might seem to be a long way off before I get a rabbit or the guinea pigs, but I wanted some information from you guys because its been about a few years that I’ve had rabbits /guinea pigs.
    To be precise about 10 years since I’ve had rabbits and about 7 since I’ve had guinea pigs.
    But in between that I’ve had, rats, mice, dogs ECT so im well knowledge about small animals.

I’ve had two male guinea pigs before who were outside garden guineas but because they were male there were a lot of fights until we separated them when we realized they were really fighting each other. So im guessing females will be much more social other wise it will be only one guinea for me.
    For the guinea pigs im looking at getting two female guineas, they will be an inside guinea pigs as im going to keep them in my room and every day when our dog Sasha goes for a walk I’ll let them out in the garden under close supervision to munch on grass and run about;
    Other times they’ll be residing in their cage in my room
    Although that sentence there seems harsh
    I must add to this, my 3 rats over the past 5 years have always been able to run around my room/ my bed/ landing/ hall way for over 6 hours a day so they have spent more time out of the cage running around, snoozing then they have in the cage.
    Don’t worry im not stupid, I had a friend who kept a rabbit in a house cage and never let it out, then decided to get another rabbit and they bough fought…rspca was called in of course.

You know all the usual I’d spoil them rotten and such.
    The only concern I have is that, at the moment even though Charlie is in a safe cage out dog Sasha does like to come into my room, sit in front of his cage and drool
    Given the chance the two would be allowed to meet she would kill him.
    I understand this and I have a solution that im training her to keep out of my room and she does keep out.
    But on occasions she does come in and let me say she’s been bitten by Charlie a few times through the cage bars. (go Charlie!)
    She’s never been around him when has not been out of the cage and when she has she just sits in front of me as if I were giving her a treat to eat. She’s never jumped up to grab him or anything.

So…good idea for two guineas? Any other advice I need?

Viewing 1 post (of 1 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.