Strudel

This topic contains 8 replies, has 4 voices, and was last updated by  Nature freak 7 years, 4 months ago.

Viewing 9 posts - 1 through 9 (of 9 total)
  • Author

ratbrat21
    Participant

I need some bunny advice from someone who has dealt with a bunny whos a diva lol.

Well Strudel is still alone. I wont buy from a pet store but I keep an eye out for people or rescues needing to rehome. I am looking for a specific….I think. Well I know I always said and thought Strudel was happier alone. She was fine when Cinnabun and CC were here. But when I had to give them up to a rescue she was sad. Well she was fine at first. Shes got a huge cage all to herself with lots of toys, a bunch of tim hay and pellets. She just seems down right depressed now. She eats and drinks and poos normally. She seems very healthy in fact. But she doesnt like to leave her cage. When I take her out she hops right back in. I can leave the door open for hours and she just sits there. Sometimes she will hop out, look around then hop back in. She will sometimes play with her toys and by play i mean just move them around some. I can tell shes depressed. As those of you who know Strudel shes a blue point siamese lionhead dwarf mix. She came to me already spayed too which was lucky on my part. I wanna get her a friend. Since I am working now and have more money. I pay for everything for my pets, well jeremy buys kitty litter for the cats but i buy everything else. I was wondering what the smartest way to go about this would be? I originally was looking for a male dwarf who was already fixed. I don’t have the money to get a rabbit altered. But the more I thought about it the more I wondered. Strudel hated Cinnabun, and Cinny hated her. BUT, Strudel was fond of CC, CC got along with everyone it seemed. She was more closely bonded to Cinny so thats why when the rescue took them they took CC as well so those 2 wouldnt be parted. I figure, sadly easter is around so I will keep my eye out for bunnies. There are tons of free rabbits around then. But should i stick with my orignal plan? I wonder if I found another female dutch if Strudel would like her too? Maybe Strudel just didnt like boy bunnies. All bunnies are different but I just wanted advice as to what to look for if anyone knows. What would be easiest to bond together?

Punkygirl0101
    Participant

I will truly never understand why you
    Rehome your pets then seek more. You have already rehomed tons and tons of animals! You had two other rabbits and rehomed them. Tracy has got to have over 100 animals now considering how many she has gotten from you!

You recently rehomed even cats! You always have all these excuses for it, but continue to get more often! Why dont you just stop getting animals? We have already seen the conditions the current ones are in, tiny, tiny unclean cages!

Your bunnies were in tiny cages too, and Your rabbit is probably afraid to leave its cage cause its not used to it.

Why do you continue to seek more animals? You live in an apartment, I cant imagine your landlord being okay with all those animals crammed
    Into the apartment.

ratbrat21
    Participant

why dont you go let your dogs kill more of your pets and leave me alone? Or better yet you get can more rats knocked up and then decide to get rid of them cuz you were to dumb to put them in different cages. Then lie and say no more females and get more. Oh you should definatly go back to goosemoose since they oh so love you there…i know they dont like you there. If i really annoyed you so much you wouldnt respond to me. But this is all just a joke to me anyways so have fun with whatever.

Punkygirl0101
    Participant

My dogs have killed a rabbit, accidents happen. The rabbit prior was being poorly treated.

Atleast I do what is best for my pets. Your rat “accidentally” got out recently resulting in your increased number of rats. Stick to ONE sex of rats.

Why respond in the first place? lol

Ive pretty much given up on forums, i just come here when I am bored.

Nature freak
    Participant

I think both of you have too many pets but I do think Punky takes care of her pets better than you, no offense. I thought you gave your 2 rabbits to someone because Strudel hated them? I think you should ask the people you want to get the rabbits from if you can do a test run and see if they would get along, assuming bother are healthy. Don’t get anymore after this. I’ve re homed pets before, well I had to re home my rabbits because of my psycho mother, it was for their safety as my dad wasn’t going to protect them like he would the cats, stubborn ass, anyway and I’ve re homed my bird, gave her to my sister. Sometimes it just needs to happen, I don’t think you or punky are bad people for buying pets and getting rid of them, and buying them. There are reasons for everything and while you do seem to have a problem, you do seem to try to do what is best. People are right though, focus on the pets you have first. I’ve always wanted tons of pets and often sat and contemplated what I would own, well I know for sure I won’t be allowed to own more than my 2 cats, 4 fish and 2 hamsters so what I do for an animal fix, so to say, is spoil these guys rotten, it really works. Save up some money and just buy all sorts of stuff for your pets. Other stuff I do when I’m dying for a new pet is just research, research, research. I’ve often spents years researching certain pets until I know everything I possibly can and that tides me over. Good luck or something.

TobyRat
    Participant

Financial problems will come and go. Perhaps use your paychecks not only to give the best care you can to your current pets, but also to set up a Savings account (or some other fund), so you can prevent ever having to rehome your animals in the future.

As for Strudel, rabbits can be very nervous about their environment. I know my rabbit will not come out of his cage unless he has carpet or a thick blanket (that will not move around) to hop on. Try putting out things for Strudel to play with (boxes, small cat trees, tunnels, etc.). Hide treats and fresh veggies around the play area; these should entice her to want to explore and may offer a sense of security.

There’s a good possibility that Strudel won’t even accept another rabbit and that her current behavior is unrelated to Cinnabun & CC being rehomed.

ratbrat21
    Participant

melanie your so precious… Yes mistakes happen. You all dont know the kinda care I give my pets. You cant ASSume melanie takes better care of her pets then me. since I have a job now things have changed alot. But I dont feel like being defensive and crap cuz this forum is a joke anyways.

Melanie, Paris got out, i in no way intentionally got her pregnant. I wasnt about to dump her on a rescue (i know a few around here who take in rats). I chose to take the very best care of Paris while she was pregannt and after she had her babies and was nursing. All the babies were healthy and the few I did find homes for found wonderful homes. You know I will make a truce with you melanie. I wont bring up stuff that happened in the past if you dont bring up stuff that happened in the past. Like I stated before. You all have no idea what kinda care my pets are getting. Seeing as I have a job now and ALL (yes all) my money is going strictly to my pets.

Anyways…… Yeah I dunno whats up with Strudel. She seems angry with me. She wasnt buddy buddy with Cinnabun and CC but she did kinda get along with CC. I dunno if shes angry cuz she could at least see other bunnies or talk to them even though they werent in the same cage. I wasnt saying i was for sure getting another rabbit. I dont really want another rabbit. But it would be something i am open to if it will make Strudel happy. I read up on introducing rabbits and all. I know sometimes it doesnt always happen. Strudel has a buttload of toys. She just wont come out of her cage. Believe me I have thought about alot of things. Getting her a friend or even rehoming her. I don’t wanna rehome her at all. But I will do whatever makes her happy. Because thats more important then what I want. I might talk to another one of my friends who has a rescue around here (no not traci). Shes the one who took Cinnbun and CC and the piggies. Which by the way all 4 are doing wonderfully. They go to schools and she talks to kids about proper rabbit care and not getting them for easter. She said they get lots of attention and they love kids. So i am happy things worked out because i loved them so much…… So yeah all i wanted was advice on what i should do. Didnt know i was gonna be harassed again for asking questions…..

TobyRat
    Participant

I think you both take good care of your pets, and yes, accidents do happen. For an accidental pregnancy– keeping the babies or having an e-spay are equally responsible actions in my opinion. I’m not sure why you feel the need to bring up each other’s mistakes as a way to defend your own.

If Strudel doesn’t want to come out of her cage than I would just continue to work with her, but otherwise let her be. Where is her cage located? Has it been moved recently? She sounds like she is just nervous about her environment, which is pretty common in rabbits.

ratbrat21
    Participant

The cage hasnt been moved at all. I felt so bad for her being alone, I went out and got her a stuffed bear. Its pink and super soft. At least shes eating and drinking good. If she wasnt I would be majorly worried.

Viewing 9 posts - 1 through 9 (of 9 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.