What’s wrong?

This topic contains 3 replies, has 2 voices, and was last updated by  Luthien 7 years, 3 months ago.

Viewing 4 posts - 1 through 4 (of 4 total)
  • Author

HealthyObsessio
    Participant

Hi, my name is Krissi. I have had my hedgehog Hermes since he was a baby and he is not about 2 and a half years old. When I bathed him today (I let him play in the water, really, not bathing. He just likes it.) I noticed that the colour of his poop was off. It is a dark green and it is much thinner than usual.

His diet has not changed. (High protein cat food supplemented with king worms, and filtered water) I keep him on newspaper for his bedding (used to be on pine shavings when I got him from the store, but I changed that because it was making him sick (upper respiratory infection.)

I am just wondering if anybody knows what might be happening with Hermes. I know the the life expectancy varies a lot with hedgehogs, so every day I have a routine of checking his food and water and checking if he is alive. So far it has been all good, obviously. But I am just wondering if I should expect otherwise soon if he is having issues with his poop.

I used to work at a pet shop and we got some baby hedgies in once that had wet tail just like a hamster. This is different though. He is not lethargic, and the poop is green, as I mentioned.

Anyone have any ideas?

Sorry for writing so much…

Krissi for Hermes.:huh:

HealthyObsessio
    Participant

Nobody, huh? Hmmm…

HealthyObsessio
    Participant

He seems better now. I am not sure what caused it or what made it go away. Kinda weird.

Luthien
    Participant

Stress/anxiety can cause green poo, he could have just gotten a little scared for some reason.

Viewing 4 posts - 1 through 4 (of 4 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.